cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Forehead???
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:18:27 GMT
On 26/2/03 11:05, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> Why now the whole thing is being launched by ForeHead?  Can't we just have a
>> small script handling the beast rather than relying on (another) JAR...
> Having a java bootloader helps, IMO, because it gets rid of the
> scripting limitations on win32.

Ah... I keep forgetting that someone still uses an operating system without
a shell which can be called so... :-(

>> (BTW, doesn't work on UNX, somehow, god knows why... I'll investigate once I
>> get back home).
> Even jetty uses this approach now.

It has its own "start.jar" which works... hmpf... A-OK... Yes, ok, I see the
problem... But anyhow, on OS/X it simply doesn't want to work... Complains
about some numberformatexception stuff that doesn't happen without

I'll need to dig into that...

View raw message