cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: xdoc -> wiki documentation (Re: documentation in separate cvs module or block)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:39:56 GMT
"Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org> wrote:

> So I agree with Diana about moving all docs to the Wiki.  It seems the
> best long-term solution, avoiding all the problems that a dual wiki/xdoc
> system would cause.

I disagree on that. IMO the "Wiki" syntax doesn't have the capability to
contextualize the information contained in the document (how can we tell
that a "screenshot" is different from a "configuration file snippet?" - in
"Wiki" it's all a big <PRE>...</PRE> whatever).

Otherwise, what's the point of using XML anyway. I could use FrontPage and
web folders and get done with it...

    Pier