cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject [QUESTION] Coding style...
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:34:07 GMT
As in every project where a bunch of people are contributing at the same
time, one day or another, it comes up "what kind" of coding style one
actually want to have throughout the source code...

I was wondering if there are some guidelines for Cocoon (back in the days
when I started there weren't, but maybe now)...

Personally I use "checkstyle" at work (I actually enforced it over there to
have a consistent coding style) and it works all right.
<http://checkstyle.sf.net>

Our coding properties for verification are pretty basic:

  checkstyle.maxlinelen=120
  checkstyle.ignore.braces=true

And instinctively I adopted them also for the HttpProxyGenerator. I was
wondering if it's allright for the others and whether it adheres to the
current ones or not (I wasn't able to figure out if there was a coding
convention throughout the sources)...

What do you guys think?

    Pier