cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: WSProxyGenerator
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:13:14 GMT
On 10/2/03 18:30, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:

> IMHO, web service != WSDL.
> IMHO, web service = transport + xml, thus HTTP+XML is a web service.
> AFAIU, WSDL is the way to describe (formalize) web service. But it
> perfectly works without it.

I use the "Goddard Compliancy Test for Buzzword"...

- If I say "web service", Goddard will again reply "too complicated, we
  don't want to use that J2EE thing"

- If I say "XML over HTTP via a proxy", Goddard will reply: "Ah, ok, why
  didn't you say so in the first place, you muppet?"

Forgot to mention, Mr Goddard is my boss! :-)

> OTOH, may be ProxyGenerator should go into the core... Dunno.

It might make sense because it's basically a file generator but it gets
"files" off somewhere else (It's like the file generator + steroids), but it
relies on two external things: commons-httpclient and commons-logkit (hey'
it's not me! :-) It's httpclient).

Shall I put it now alongside the WebServiceProxyGenerator, then I refactor
all samples, and then once that step is done and we're all happy with it, we
decide to either keep it in there or separate it out as a block, and "get
rid" of the old version???

(I'm new to the game, so, it's your call folks)

    Pier