cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: WSProxyGenerator
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:14:05 GMT
On 10/2/03 16:56, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason why the WebServiceProxyGenerator reads the entire response
>> into a String and then parses _that_ instead of parsing the InputStream of
>> the HTTP connection???
>>
>>    Pier
>>

> Deja vu?
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104399362409715&w=2

Awww... F*** me... I missed the first reply :-( I should be more careful
(sound of Pier beating himself with a huge cluestick)...

Anyhow, I stretched it and partially rewrote it to handle the "new" commons
httpclient, to parse straight from the response inputstream and to be a
little bit more customizable in terms of configuration...

Since I don't think it's that appropriate to keep it in the "core"
distribution, I wanted to make a block out of it (and I can try figuring it
out how to make it! :-) it ain't obvious)...

Point is, since it's quite different, where should I put it? In "src/blocks"
and refactor all examples and documentation or in "src/scratchpad" and work
my way out of there?

    Pier