cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Deprecation of the Avalon classes...
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:30:25 GMT
On 10/2/03 16:07, "Leo Sutic" <leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com> wrote:

>> From: Pier Fumagalli [mailto:pier@betaversion.org]
>>
>> Folks... Avalon deprecated ComponentManager in favor of
>> ServiceManager, but in the 2.1 codebase, although we import
>> the new libraries, all the kit still relies on the Composable
>> interface...
>>
>> It looks like that around 80/100 classes implement the
>> deprecated stuff, should we go around and change those?
>
> No.
>
> ComponentManager etc. are not deprecated anymore. We removed the
> deprecation from the classes.

I built the JavaDocs from Saturday, and the deprecations were there... I
might have got something whako... :-)

> See this thread on cocoon-dev:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=re-precating&q=
>
> and that one on avalon-dev:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=re-precating&q=b

Yup... Just came back from a loooong time of not being involved, and still
have to learn my way on what's happening ....

(Let's see if those freaks now actually do compile without whining)...

    Pier