cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: software licensing
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:10:24 GMT

Err... Pre-1999 BSD Gods <http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php>

> who wrote the License, really understood what "freedom"
> means. With that came you being allowed to do practically anything you like
> with the product, OSS or commercially.

Nope, you CAN'T use our name. For example, if you want to use the "Cocoon"
name in anything related to what we do, ONLY the Cocoon PMC (you) can decide
on whether to grant that or not.

That's why for R.M. Stallman our Apache license is not "free", he thinks
that <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html>

    Pier

But if I'm going to fork Cocoon, I'm going to call it "Boboom" anyhow, so?