cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [TIPS] Basic configurations of Apache 2.0 for Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:34:31 GMT

On Wednesday, Feb 5, 2003, at 02:46 Europe/London, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> After few discussions had face-to-face with some of you (Stefano on the
> phone ranting about setting up Tomcat, Jeremy over lunch at my place
> few
> weeks ago, and several others), and few odd questions popping out on
> the
> list, I feel the need to tell you why my vision is so narrow when
> someone
> touches the "Apache" argument.

Brilliant!!!! It is working, hurrah!

One thing I would like to try, is to make Apache handle the display of
any 404s, 500s etc. caught by TomCat/Cocoon. (Not switched to Jetty
yet).

ie. I would like our production server to have Apache outputting a
common style of error pages, while keeping Cocoon outputting error
pages (with stacktraces etc.) only on the staging server (so developers
can see the cause).

Obviously I can get Cocoon to output the same style of error page as
Apache's ones, but I'd prefer to get Cocoon to offload all error
reporting to Apache if possible.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your help

regards Jeremy