cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Support for Eclipse JDT Compiler
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:24:00 GMT
Is there a link between this bug 16580 and my problem below??

When I compile my project in Eclipse and then try to load the samples page this error appears:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps/cocoon/samples/sitemap.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type 'file' is not defined
for 'generate' at file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps/cocoon/samples/sitemap.xmap:117:56

It seems that the application cannot find the file generator component (JAR lib).

This new compiler could resolve the problem?

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Christopher Oliver []
Date: jeudi, 27. février 2003 22:46
Objet: Support for Eclipse JDT Compiler

I've just committed changes to support using the Eclipse JDT compiler

   as an embedded Java compiler for Cocoon.

To use this compiler modify your cocoon.xconf like this:

     <java-language logger="" name="java">
       <!-- Specifies which formatter to use to format source code.
            This parameter is optional.
            It is commented out because of bug #5689: Java
"code-formatter" incorrectly formats double values -->
       <!--parameter name="code-formatter"
       <!-- A singleton-like implementation of a ClassLoader -->
       <parameter name="class-loader"
       <!-- Compiler parameter specifies which class to use to compile Java.
       <parameter name="compiler"

This compiler has no dependency on the CLASSPATH environment variable
but instead relies on the thread context class loader to load dependent

I think this will solve>

Please test it and let me know of any problems.

View raw message