cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [New build system] Status of samples
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:26:38 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 28/02/2003 15.19:
> Sam, is it possible to have Gump obtain a dynamically generated project
> descriptor? what would allow us to keep our block descriptors as we like
> and generate a gump descriptor dynamically.

We can make a Gump descriptor for each project, but it won't help the
build. I kept it together to make it easier to make a single buildfile
manage it. If we start splitting it, it will be a pain to manage. Take
for example (again) Avalon Excalibur.

I've played with these permutations quite a lot, and I've come to the
conclusion that each CVS module must have one descriptor.

When the blocks will be indipendent, and that means have their own set
of committers, life, releases, etc, then we can make a separate descriptor.

If you build all together, keep a single descriptor. If you build based
on released versions, you can split.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -