cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [New build system] Status of samples
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:09:34 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 28/02/2003 11.50:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>  > 1) Refactor the project-info.xml to split in several files contained >
>  > in the blocks themselves.
>  > Just like Eclipse plugin.xml files in their plugins, a plugin is
>  > installed by just dropping it in the plugins dir. Usecase: This will
>  > make it easy for me to maintain my JavadocSource block (or any
>  > (external) block for that matter), now I need to sync each time when
>  > project-info.xml changes ;-)
>
> This is called for, I totally agree. I was going to tackle that problem
> today, anybody against this?
>
> is anything using that project-info.xml file or is just a left-over from
> the old build system?

It's the Gump descriptor.

Before, Gump used that directly to run, but then Sam wanted to tackle
the compilation problems himself (thanks Sam :-) and copied it over to
the Gump repo.

To keep the two in synch IMHO it should be only one, so I'd like to see
ours being used for both Gump, the build, and jar check-update.

> Refactoring the project-info.xml file requires a special block ant task,
> I'll try to make it more usable than the current (admittedly somewhat
> hacky) property-based solution.

Can you please expand on this?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -