cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Problem with HTMLGenerator
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:35:47 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 22:14, Miles Egan wrote:
>
>>After updating cvs and rebuilding I get this error when using the
>>HTMLGenerator:
>>
>>[NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer] Encountered a DOM Element without a
>>localName. DOM Level 1 trees are not supported by this DOMStreamer.
>>
>>Is this a bug?
>

> No, it's a feature :-)

Isn't there anything better than JTidy for converting HTML to XHTML? I
am using it to convert HTML generated by Mozilla's Midas editor (why, oh
why doesn't it produce valid markup? :-() and found the same problem
(not surprisingly, since I pasted code from HTMLGenerator). I also tried
using XOM to process the XML produced by JTidy and found another
problem, so went back to the old, stupid DOM. I lost three hours working
around these problems the other night. :-(

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it