cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New CVS Repository Names (Was: Re: [proposal] Prun ing up the CVS tree for real)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:50:36 GMT

Morrison, John wrote, On 27/02/2003 13.27:
>>From: Pier Fumagalli [mailto:pier@betaversion.org]
>>That's a good idea... How about if we keep the module symlinked... So,
>>"cocoon" is the current copy, which is a symlink to whatever
>>is the current
>>version "cocoon-2.1" now, "cocoon-2.2" "cocoon-3.0" and so on in the
>>future...
>
> *Definitely* works for me :)

Yeah, seems ok. BTW, IIUC isn't it a bit similar to how SVN will work...
that is, aren't branches clever copies of the head in another dir?

BTW, I read a bit at how SVN is engineered, and it's incredible. It uses
Apache for connections, a DB for backend... the level of reuse seems
really high, as well as the flexibility. Really clever.
Flexibility without the syndrome? ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -