cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon sandbox @ Sourceforge? (Re: [Proposal] Cocoon Sandbox)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:45:37 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> Agreed.  Just like Sourceforge, there will be a lot of crud, but equally,
> there will be a few gems.  That's the point: provide an open "sandbox",
> and pick the quality ones for inclusion in Cocoon.

Please don't forget that in SF, there are also 'project owners' opening
up the gates to willing committers and giving them access. Who would do
that in your 'open sandbox' scenario? Or would you let anyone join?

People can always ask for their own project at SF. What is the value of
an orchestrated project?

Just asking, really. I'm trying to find the difference between what you
suggest and what cocoondev.org (already/somehow) provides.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org