cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] Pruning up the CVS tree for real
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:13:53 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Running a CVS update takes a lot just for a few files. I believe this
> is due to the fact that xml-cocoon2 has reached 230Mb!!! of stuff.
>
> Now, is anybody against having me going into the CVS tree and prune
> stuff for real? [I promise to make a backup copy first :)]
>
> This will also solve the issue of seeing all those empty directories
> in ViewCVS that make our CVS repository look a mess from the web.
>
> Also, I plan to dive into the attic of all lib folders and blast all
> the previous versions of those files (we don't roll back libraries
> from CVS anyway).
>
> That will hopefully reduce the weight of our tree and improve 'cvs
> update' time (and reduce icarus load, which is not a bad thing at all)
>
> Comments?

Suppose you have moved the sources... From, say, main src/java tree to
the block... Is it possible to preserve the history of the original
source file while doing this pruning? I suppose it could be done by
moving some files...

+10 to impove "cvs update" time.
+1000 to preserve history (have a web and CVS accessible copy of CVS on
cocoondev.org or some CVS file moves)

Vadim