cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] Pruning up the CVS tree for real
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:22:24 GMT
Running a CVS update takes a lot just for a few files. I believe this is
due to the fact that xml-cocoon2 has reached 230Mb!!! of stuff.

Now, is anybody against having me going into the CVS tree and prune
stuff for real? [I promise to make a backup copy first :)]

This will also solve the issue of seeing all those empty directories in
ViewCVS that make our CVS repository look a mess from the web.

Also, I plan to dive into the attic of all lib folders and blast all the
previous versions of those files (we don't roll back libraries from CVS
anyway).

That will hopefully reduce the weight of our tree and improve 'cvs
update' time (and reduce icarus load, which is not a bad thing at all)

Comments?