cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Scratchpad
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:36:51 GMT
We still haven't reached consensus on this issue and I think that we
also mixed concerns in the previous threads. I see several issues on the
table:

1) how to allow committers to innovate on core
2) how to allow committers to innovate on non-core stuff
3) how to allow non-committers to innovate

Please, let's try to keep them separate.

issue #3
--------

you earn commit access thru the usual apache meritocratic process: you
show us you are committed to cocoon, you get commit access. This simple
fact rules out the possibility to have any sandbox open to
non-committers inside the space handled by the cocoon PMC.

But this does *NOT* rule out the possibility of having a cocoon sandbox
(wiki-for-code as Jeff brilliantly put it) somewhere else (cocoondev.org
or sourceforge.net).

anyway, this is something totally orthogonal to our scratchpad concept
and it's up to the people that want this to happen.

Personally, I don't care enough to help, there is already enough stuff
to do for core.

issue #1 & #2

I'm beginning to think that it's pretty accademic to talk about removing
something without trying to clean it up first.

So, I propose to try to cleanup the scratchpad as much as possible and
see what's left, as for Nicola suggestion. Of course, help from the code
authors will be *VERY* appreciated.

At that point, we'll decide whether to keep the scratchpad or not and,
in case, create some policies about it.

Deal?