cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Remove need for Cornerstone JARs
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:09:17 GMT
The attached diff will show how we can use the Event package
which is a released product instead of the Cornerstone JARs
for the same purpose.

We have the added benefit of knowing that we can access the
Event stuff via the same mechanisms when (and if) Cocoon
migrates to using Fortress instead of ECM.

It is pretty easy to use, and we are trading a requirement for
four jars to a requirement for one.

Cornerstone-Thread requires Excalibur Thread and Excalibur ThreadContext
Cornerstone-Scheduler requires Cornerstone-Thread.

Event (in its current incarnation) has all the functionality
under one roof.  It also has a vastly improved pooling mechanism,
but that is another excersize completely.

If you think its a good idea, I can make the commit...