cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Name and version properties undefined
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:32:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
>> There's a bigger problem, though. The "clean" target does not remove
>> the build/webapp directory. I first did a build with all the blocks
>> enabled, did a build clean, built again with just some blocks and
>> found all the blocks still in build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib. I think the
>> "clean" target should delete the whole build subdir, don't you?
>

> You should do 'build clean-webapp' if you really want to clean the webapp.
>
> I did this because I wanted to be able to clean and recompile without
> having to worry for the build to wipe away my stuff (since I create the
> webapp directly on my stuff)
>
> Anyway, nothing is carved in stone, if you have suggestions on how the
> build should work for the webapp I'm all ears.

I think 'build clean' should delete everything, just like it did before.
We should then rename the current 'clean' target to 'clean-jars' or
something like that. In accordance to the Principle of Least
Astonishment, "clean" should really mean "clean it all" (or is it just
me who's astonished?) ;-).

Just my 0.02 €.

	Ugo

P.S.: On this 700MHz PIII, a trimmed build takes 1m27s. I'm
really excited with the new build system and coupled with the Flow,
these advancements really make me think (not that I ever doubted it)
that Cocoon is THE way to go!

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it