cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Name and version properties undefined
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:21:59 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> These values are now in cocoon.properties that resides in
>> src/java/org/apache/cocoon.
>>
>> Everything should be correctly checked-in and working. Please
>> check, if you are realy using the complete latest cvs.
>>
>> Carsten
>

> Hmmm no, the properties are indeed defined in cocoon.properties, but
> somehow they are not picked up by build.xml. Maybe this is just a local
> problem, and if I remove my working dir and checkout again, it will
> work. These kind of things already happened in the past. For the moment,
> I will just set them in local.build.properties.
>
> There's a bigger problem, though. The "clean" target does not remove the
> build/webapp directory. I first did a build with all the blocks enabled,
> did a build clean, built again with just some blocks and found all the
> blocks still in build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib. I think the "clean" target
> should delete the whole build subdir, don't you?

You should do 'build clean-webapp' if you really want to clean the webapp.

I did this because I wanted to be able to clean and recompile without
having to worry for the build to wipe away my stuff (since I create the
webapp directly on my stuff)

Anyway, nothing is carved in stone, if you have suggestions on how the
build should work for the webapp I'm all ears.