cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: That's it
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:27:02 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:
(...)

> reducing our role. But I feel that if you are a committer - you should
> commit. And this is something I will not be able to do in the near future.
> Not in the original sense anyway.

Reading, watching and answering emails is "committing" knowledge to the
project repository. Think of the message-ids of your mails like
"versions" ;-)

Also, consolidating documentation is, IMO, refactoring knowledge, and
bringing fresh "customer" views to the team also. Even "evangelizing" or
training, although the metrics for these activities are not yet here.

I think there was a heavy discussion on this @ jakarta-general or
community, and I heartedly agree with them.

> But I will still be here in the community.
>
> Matthew

Regards,
      Santiago (less and less productive code-wise, but still committed
to Apache, in Stefano's previous posting sense)