cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: That's it
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:20:05 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:
> Don't worry - this is good news really :-).

Uff, don't use titles like those, they scare the crap out of me :)

> A few weeks ago you - the developers - voted me in to the Cocoon
> committer-world. Although somewhat sceptical I accepted proudly. Now I would
> like to give up being a committer - and as the PMC consists of committers -
> that also.
>
> The reason being that Cocoon is becoming too successfull! And to be honest -
> in the last couple of months - things have gone through the roof.
>
> Since we started out working with and on Cocoon (nearly 3 years ago now) we
> have seen Cocoon grow to become what can now be called a real success. This
> has lead to my role at S&N changing into a more managerial position. I am
> becoming something of a "Commercial Open Source Manager" (an interesting
> tightrope to walk) with lots of exciting work (much of which I can't yet
> talk about). Look out for some interesting announcements from the commercial
> arena in the next few months though.
>
> Carsten is still "our man in Cocoon" and therefore we will not really be
> reducing our role. But I feel that if you are a committer - you should
> commit. And this is something I will not be able to do in the near future.
> Not in the original sense anyway.
>
> But I will still be here in the community.

Wow, you are the first person ever who asked to be removed for
committership.

While I sincerely appreciated this mail (as Pier noticed, I believe this
community shows its value and apache spirit thru these respectful
behaviors), I'm starting to think to reject your dismission since this
would force us to kick you out of the PMC or to have non-committers in
the PMC.

you think that committers have to commit. Wrong. Committers are those
'committed'. Inversion of Control :)

Can you say you lost your committment to Cocoon?