cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JARS] Duplicate entries are bad
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:48:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Take a look at the JARs in sandbox and the JARs in blocks.  There are
>> several snapshot releases of JARs (with the date they were built), but
>> an older version is in sandbox while a newer version is in blocks.
>

> I don't know where you got that from, but I'm pretty positive there are
> no jar duplicates in our CVS tree. The problem might be the build target
> that builds the eclipse project file.

Like I said, look in the sandbox directory heirarchy and in the blocks
directory heirarchy.  The JARs are there.

>> That would ease the stress on the CVS
>> server (downloading and trying to keep all these JARs up to date).  It
>> would also make sure that the same version of each JAR is used in each
>> location.
>

> They are, trust me.

You see, when I see

$xml-cocoon2/src/scratchpad/lib/
      slide-kernel-20020130.jar
      slide-roles-20020130.jar
      slide-stores-20020130.jar

and

$xml-cocoon2/src/blocks/slide/lib/
      slide-kernel-20030208.jar
      slide-roles-20030208.jar
      slide-stores-20030208.jar

I am not as positive as you are.

That is not the only example, so I invite you to take a closer look.