cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The new build system
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:42:29 GMT
Morrison, John wrote:
>>From: Martin Holz [mailto:holz@fiz-chemie.de]
>>Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> writes:

>>original intact]

>>but that's a other story.
>>
>>>You don't have to set things to false, you have to uncomment them!
>>
>>In local.build.properties? This would not help, since they
>>are defined in build.properties, which is read by build.xml
>>immediately   after  local.build.properties. You would have
>>to uncomment them in build.properties.
>

> No, that's not how ANT works.
>
> Follow the instructions and *TRY* them before emailing!

John,

Martin is totally right. You can't 'de-comment' something by overloading
and setting it to true or false will still make ant failing since the
except="" attribute will work based on the existance of that property,
not its value.

But even more important, watch your tone! Martin was trying to help and
even if he was wrong, he still deserves your respect.