cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Cocoon sandbox @ Sourceforge? (Re: [Proposal] Cocoon Sandbox)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:04:32 GMT
<snip/>

>> How about making one modification to this proposal...
>>
>> Host the Cocoon sandbox at Sourceforge, instead of Apache.  Call it
>> cocoon-contrib or something.
>
> Hmmm...

Hm... don't like this. The scratchpad would be to distant from the
cocoon itself.

>> Why?  Because then anyone can participate.  It tears down any perceived
>> barrier between cocoon-dev and cocoon-users.  Best of all, when code
>> eventually is 'promoted', there is a strong possibility of gaining new
>> Cocoon developers.  Think of it as housing "alpha committers" as well as
>> "alpha code".

Hm... don't understand why other rules should apply for the scratchpad
than for the "core project"?

>> The root problem is that Cocoon has more code than code maintainers.  The
>> long-term solution is not to juggle the code more effectively, but to
>> gain more committers.  THAT is why I think a cocoon-contrib @ sourceforge
>> would be a win in the long run.

I mean - everyone can start a sourceforge project and see if it works
out and later contribute/offer the code to the cocoon project.

> sandbox.cocoondev.org?

I think the scratchpad/sandbox should remain in the apache cvs!

-1
--
Torsten