cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [JARS] Duplicate entries are bad
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:53:53 GMT
I just imported Cocoon into Eclipse, so I could have a decent tool--
JEdit is ok, but it is no IDE replacement.  One of the first things
I noticed is that we have duplicate entries for the same JARs.  What's
worse is that some of thsoe entries are for different versions.

Take a look at the JARs in sandbox and the JARs in blocks.  There are
several snapshot releases of JARs (with the date they were built), but
an older version is in sandbox while a newer version is in blocks.

That's pretty sloppy.  Can we pull these JARs from a central repository
like Maven's ibiblio location?  That would ease the stress on the CVS
server (downloading and trying to keep all these JARs up to date).  It
would also make sure that the same version of each JAR is used in each
location.