cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] what cocoon is doing wrong
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:02:56 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> I repeat my proposal to kill the scratchpad
>

> Totally +1, since it will hopefully also motivate people to start a
> project next to and depending on Cocoon rather than inside it.

Actually, I have a need to do this, and I wonder what the best
approach for building Cocoon blocks are that are separate from
the COcoon hierarchy.

I think that Cocoon needs to separate the interface for the user
API from all the implementations.  If all I have to do is include
a Cocoon-API.jar in my classpath to compile, that would be killer.

I don't want all the JAR bloat that Cocoon has, but I want to write
some blocks that can be used in a Developer collaboration portal.
I want to house all these blocks in my own CVS archive in my
"d-haven" project at sourceforge.  At the present juncture, I don't
know where to begin.