cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Splitting JDK dependent code [was: Re: Javac task design problems]
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:30:29 GMT
> Can't we extend a BaseAbstractEqslConnection and just add the methods
> that change from one JDK to the other?

hmm.... I doubt the AbstractEsqlConnection will change that often
so this should not be too hard to maintain.

If we would go this way I'd propose to name it AbstractJdbcConnection
since then there is no relation to esql anymore. Maybe it should also
better live in a different package.

Could also be useful for other components that use JDBC directly...

Hm... I start to like it...
--
Torsten