cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Splitting JDK dependent code [was: Re: Javac task design problems]
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:13:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 25/02/2003 16.19:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> blocks/databases/java1.4 - the AbstractEqslConnection.java for JDK
>>> 1.4 and
>>> above
>>>
>>> This is then similar to our libs directory.
>>>
>>> This solution would not only remove the need of filtering but would
>>> also
>>> make the source directly usable within your favorite IDE.
>>>

>> OTOH, it will increase maintanence - you have to maintain two copies...
>

> Can't we extend a BaseAbstractEqslConnection and just add the methods
> that change from one JDK to the other?

Now you are talking! ;-)

If you want one base class for Java 1.2 and one derived class for Java
1.4... Just check that Java 1.4 will work with that... How it will react
on non-abstract class (BaseEsqlConnection) which does not implement
interface (Connection) fully?
Or you want to have one abstract (BaseAbstractEsqlConnection) and two
concrete classes (EsqlConnection12 and EsqlConnection14)?

Vadim