cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Splitting JDK dependent code [was: Re: Javac task design problems]
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:11:29 GMT
>>> One solution to avoid filtering our java-code because of
>>> jdk-dependencies
>>> is to separate this code into different source directories.
>>> For example for the databases block that uses ant filtering we could
>>> generate three directories:
>>> blocks/databases/java - the common code
>>> blocks/databases/java1.2 - the AbstractEqslConnection.java for JDK
>>> 1.2/1.3
>>> blocks/databases/java1.4 - the AbstractEqslConnection.java for JDK
>>> 1.4 and
>>> above
>>>
>>> This is then similar to our libs directory.
>>>
>>> This solution would not only remove the need of filtering but would also
>>> make the source directly usable within your favorite IDE.
>>>
>>> What do you think?

Hm... I don't know... at least for now it seems to be the KISS solution.
As long as the differences can be kept small and we don't get more by
the time it sould be ok.

But I am not very enthusiastic about this solution.

So I give a +0

>> That should turn Constants.java in a property file that Cocoon reads
>> out of its own jar file when it starts.

+1

> So both Cocoon and the build system can read it! One source! :-)

Exactly the opposite of the KISS solution above :-/
--
Torsten