cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:58:20 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 14.08:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 10.28:
>>
>>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>>
>>> As stated before, I'm sponsoring the proposal, so here's my +1.
>>>
>>> OTOH, who or what will trigger/endorse the transition from incubation
>>> to proper subproject? Cocoon PMC or Incubation PMC?
>>

>> Incubation PMC.
>

> OK. Don't get me wrong on this, but what will happen if Incubator PMC
> decides Lenya is ready to move on, but Cocoon PMC isn't ready to
> receive?

If the Cocoon PMC votes +1, it's ready to recieve it.
A positive vote means: we are willing to have it and recieve it.
The Incubator PMC just decides /when/, the Cocoon PMC decides /if/.

> This has to do with true responsability: if I vote +1 on
> incubation as a Cocoon PMC member, I'd like the Cocoon PMC to decide
> when Lenya is ready to move on, and not the Incubator PMC. Of course,
> there will be communication between both, but technically, I find it
> strange to relinquish my rights to vote (and veto) to the Incubator PMC.

You are voting _now_. Cocoon decides if he wants it, Incubator decides
if it's ready to move to Cocoon.

Before the incubator, we would have had _only_ the Cocoon vote. Then the
Cocoon community would have gotten it from the start.
The Incubator is here to ease the burden of integrating in Apache and
contextually to ensure a minimum standard WRT assimilation of the Apache
practices.

> Don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to find loopholes in these new
> incubation procedures, so that we can eventually fix them.

Yup.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -