cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing ant properties from java code [was: Re: Javac task design problems]
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:01:04 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Is anyone against removing the use of the ant properties
> from Constants.java? This will avoid copying and filtering
> the java sources (at least for most parts).

I am +1.

Question though (a little off topic):

Sometimes it is useful to access properties that are only
determinable at build time.  Is there any way to dynamically
append or create a properties file/change an xconf file?

That would remove any remaining needs to copy files that I
could possibly think of.

Oh, also there are a couple places in Avalon, like for the
DataSource code where only the "dynamic" files are copied,
but they are included in the compiled source.  I think
it uses something like a <fileset> directive inside the
<javac>.  That way *only* the files that need filtering are
ever moved around, and the source files can be compiled
where they are (for the most part).