cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:08:41 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 10.28:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> As stated before, I'm sponsoring the proposal, so here's my +1.
>>
>> OTOH, who or what will trigger/endorse the transition from incubation
>> to proper subproject? Cocoon PMC or Incubation PMC?
>

> Incubation PMC.

OK. Don't get me wrong on this, but what will happen if Incubator PMC
decides Lenya is ready to move on, but Cocoon PMC isn't ready to
receive? This has to do with true responsability: if I vote +1 on
incubation as a Cocoon PMC member, I'd like the Cocoon PMC to decide
when Lenya is ready to move on, and not the Incubator PMC. Of course,
there will be communication between both, but technically, I find it
strange to relinquish my rights to vote (and veto) to the Incubator PMC.

Don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to find loopholes in these new
incubation procedures, so that we can eventually fix them.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org