cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:42:03 GMT

Pier Fumagalli wrote, On 25/02/2003 0.18:
> On 24/2/03 23:01, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
>>proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>>
>>This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
>>I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
>>vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>>
>>Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>>
>>Here's mine: +1
>

> So, let me get it straight... It will be located in the incubator, as all
> projects in incubation stage, but it will be responsibility of the Cocoon
> PMC?

Nope.

The vote is about wanting the project to become part of Cocoon.
The incubator does not want to *force* subprojects onto projects, so
if/when the Cocoon PMC accepts it, we will incubate it and hand it to
Cocoon when it's ok. Of course, the Cocoon project is invited to be pat
of the incubation.

If no Apache PMC wants that project as a final destination, we would
have to evaluate it as a top-level project, which is not the case here,
or simply as incubating, which can be the case in projects that start in
Apache and are not well defined enough to apply for inclusion in another
project.

We don't want to incubate things we don't know where they will go if we
can. We need a goal. In this case the goal is to make it go to Cocoon,
so we need a "go ahead" from the Cocoon PMC.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -