cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: ScriptablePointer does not compile
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:41:45 GMT
Hi Martin,

You have an old version of JXPath in your classpath. Search for and
remove "commons-jxpath-1.0.jar". This has been superceded by
"commons-jxpath-1.1b1.jar".

Note that in this case the compile-time error caused by import .* is
actually beneficial. If not for that you would get a runtime error when
the wrong version of jxpath is loaded in the JVM.

Nevertheless, I think an [RT] on classpath hell is called for ;).

Regards,

Chris

Martin Holz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I try to build cocoon doing a "./build.sh clean  webapp" on a fresh update
> of HEAD,I get a
>
> [...]
> Compiling 578 source files to /home/holz/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon-2.1-dev/classes
>

> /home/holz/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/ScriptablePointer.java:55:
reference to DynamicPointer is ambiguous, both class org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.DynamicPointer
in org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans and class org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynamic.DynamicPointer
in org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynamic match