cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject CachingProcessingPipeline: new Expires code
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:06:59 GMT
I finally sat down and cleaned up my first implementation of the
"expires" pipeline parameter for internal use too. With this change the
CachingPipeline would check first if an "expires" attribute is present
and still fresh: upon success it will give up any further checks and
serve the response straight away from cache: this means that expensive
and possibly non-cachable Cocoon pipelines can now be controlloed from
the outside and used internally (say, as an example, for aggregation).

So far my tests have been successful (and showing impressive performance
gains), but I'm a bit reluctant to commit this code right away, since it
touches a core part of Cocoon, where I had no previous experience, and
definitely I don't want to break your setups. :-) What would you think
is the best way to proceed? Commit right away? Post a patch to Bugzilla?
Have someone (Carsten, AYT? :-)) review the code?

LMK,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.