cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: XMLForm/Flow Integration
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:21:19 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Ugo,
>
> How would you get access to "bizData" in your pipeline? Currently the
> only way is to use "jpath:value-of" in an xsp page, isn't it?

Yes. Here's a use case: in a HR application, a Manager starts a new
Project and assigns one of the Employees that under his supervision as
the project lead.

The "New Project" form has a drop-down listbox that is populated with
the pertinent employee names. What I do now is pass a (java.util.)List
of Employee's in the bizData argument and use a for loop in XSP to
generate <xf:item> elements inside an <xf:select>.

Is there a better way?

	Ugo