cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] bootstrapping the PMC
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:19:28 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>The PMC is not responsible
>>for code, they are responsible for community.
>

> Hmm.. IIRC I remember dicussions held at Apache Con in Las Vegas where the
> general expectation was that a PMC *is* responsible for the code
> at least concerning licensing issues (Jakarta being to big for code
> oversight of the PMC). This is one of the reasons why this restructuring
> of ASF projects (promoting sub project like Cocoon and Avalon as top
> level projects) takes place.

That doesn't negate what I was trying to communicate.  The PMC is
responsible for legal issues--which is essentially a community
issue.  We all are responsible for making sure that the code and
JARs stored in the CVS is compatible with ASF licensing (in the
code example it has to be ASF license...).

All I was saying is that the PMC does not direct the technical
direction of the Cocoon project.