cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The new build system (JDK 1.3.1/macosx issues)
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:41:35 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 20 fév 2003, à 21:44 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit  :
>
>> The new build system has landed on CVS.
>

> woooh-hooh-hooh, looks great!

thank you.

> I have a few issues here however, most probably related to my JDK
> (1.3.1 on macosx 10.2.3).

ok, I'm working on JDK 1.4.1 on win2k so I was expecting something like
this.

> After a build clean + CVS update (no local.* stuff), build.sh works (1
> minute 6 seconds - wow!)

cool

> I checked that the target.vm property is correctly set to "1.2" in
> build.xml.

great

> ISSUE 1 - JDBC3 stuff
> "build.sh webapp" fails:
> src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/
> AbstractEsqlConnection.java:298: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class Savepoint
> location: package sql
>       public java.sql.Savepoint setSavepoint()
>
> Most probably this has to do with the "jdbc3.present" property used by
> ./src/blocks/databases/build.xml. I tried to set this property in the
> optional-tests target of the main build.xml but it didn't help.

hmmm, might be a problem with the invocation of the block build. I
didn't really test that one since it was working for me. I'll try more
stuff.

> ISSUE 2 - "build run"
> "build.sh run" says "NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/ContentHandler"
> unless I add this to the classpath of the run target:
>
>   <fileset dir="lib/endorsed">
>        <include name="*.jar"/>
>   </fileset>

Oh, damn, you're totally right. Since JDK 1.3.x doesn't have the
-endorsed command line tag, jetty doesn't find things.

I'm installing JDK 1.3.1 so that I can see these problems myself.

> Using the <classpath> from the build.old.xml, the "run" target works as
> well (that is, jetty starts but as I have no webapp it doesn't go that
> far).
> Also a JDK 1.3.1 issue I think, as this interface is standard in 1.4
> AFAIK but not in 1.3.1.

Yes, it's trivial to fix, but I'll install JDK 1.3.1 so that I can do
stuff myself.

Thanks and keep up reporting the problems.