cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject The new build system
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:44:50 GMT
The new build system has landed on CVS.

Do a 'cvs update' to get it.

I've done major refactoring of almost everything touched, so things
might be a little shaky for a while. I copied the old build into
build.old.xml so that I can copy/paste the stuff that is missing in the
next days.

I wanted to release early so that you people can play with it.

For the record, I went from some 20 minutes down to 3 minutes and 20
seconds on my machine simply by tweaking the ant dependencies and using
ant better.

Since I normally work on a pentium II 366 you guys should see even
faster build times, expecially after the first run.

I suggest you to:

  read BUILD.txt
  cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
  cp build.properties local.build.properties
  [modify the local copies as you like, leaving the original intact]
  build webapp [this will generate the webapp]
  build run [this will run jetty]

the fire your browser to http://localhost:8888

I tweaked jetty to be as small as possible. I'm now able to get a cocoon
up and running with as low as 22 Mb memory!

If you exclude all blocks from build, the resulting webapp is the
cleanest possible.

This should make many of you happy.

now, off for a drink :)

ciao