cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xdoc -> wiki documentation (Re: documentation in separate cvs module or block)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:05:15 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 19/02/2003 15.49:
> So there's a half-formed plan over in Forrest-land to migrate to XHTML 2
> as an intermediate format, and make it one of the frontend formats too:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=104351979527689&w=2

Then why not use html (ihtml), there are loads of editors.

I have introduced ihtml and cwiki for the sole reason to make doc
editing much easier. Imagine that our doccers use Webdav on Subversion
to commit doc changes, in html or wiki format. Plain easy, and
subversion gives us revisions.

Add to that SSL so we don't need to give unix accounts to everyone that
collaborates on our CVS, and that the wiki files can be edited by anyone
using subwiki, and you have a *usable* the poor man's CMS.

Of course, slide + Wyona + etc is the final goal, but in the meantime
this could be a step in that direction.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -