cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: closing cocoon-docs? (was: Cocoon Project Report)
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:45:39 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote, On 17/02/2003 16.51:
> Le Lundi, 17 fév 2003, à 14:41 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

>> So what about closing cocoon-docs ? This would avoid believing some
>> mysterious entities are writing the docs for us...
>

> I'd give a reluctant +1 to this proposal.

I'd give a sure -1 to this proposal ;-)

> Reluctant because I thought a separate docs list would allow more people
> to help with the docs without having to care about core development
> issues - but this has not happened, or not much.

It has. It allows people to help with the docs without having to care
about core development issues. It has ups and downs, but IMHO the
traffic is not bad at all.

> Actually the wiki has taken this role by allowing non-developers to make
> great contributions to the overall docs effort, so I agree that going
> back to [doc] subject lines on cocoon-dev makes sense at this point for
> docs-related stuff.

And cocoon-docs is really the list where it's easy to overview such
contributions. cocoon-dev alrealy has a too high mail count, and all the
wiki diffs here would make the noise too high.

Instead of closing cocoon-docs, I would suggest that the committers
should go on cocoon-docs too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -