cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:57:18 GMT
Jakob Praher wrote:
> In my experience, using a simple Bean Object as the form model and then
> using this model to fill in a DataObject is the better approach than
> direct binding the data object to the form, as you can't always do a 1:1
> mapping between all the fields.

This is a good point. In my application, I could directly use the
DataObject most of the times, but in a few cases I had to wrap it in a
"helper" object. Case in point: in a user registration form, you have to
enter the password twice, but your data object is going to have just one
password attribute and it's probably encrypted.

	Ugo