cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:02:06 GMT
ivelin wrote:

>This sounds good.
>As you suggest the "java:" prefix can be used for instantiating JavaBeans.
>For all other cases though, I was hoping to reuse the standard
>SourceResolver.
>This will immediately allow support for a lot of different sources.
>Here is a snippet from the Sitemap document.
>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
>(I wish there was one discussing just SourceResolvers.)
>
>a.. Use http://foo/bar to merge in xml content via http protocol, received
>from machine foo.
>a.. Use context://servlet-context-path/foo/bar to merge in xml content from
>the servlet context.

<snip-other-examples/>

Mmmmh. I think the SourceResolver should be _one_ of the possible
models, and not the default one if something else than "java" is used.
What would be a real killer feature is a SQL model : no more java coding
to edit/update your database from XMLForm (I must say having to write
extensive JavaBean code refrained me to use it up to now).

Also, doesn't this "XMLForm model" concept match the Input and
OutputModules ?

Sylvain