cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: ClassLoaderManager and its secret life as a static
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:23:31 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:

> On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 03:08  PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>> I am going to modify my local copy to accept a null parameter on
>>> JavaLanguage and create a new ClassLoaderManager impl that has no
>>> static internal instance. I am still very curious about the
>>> motivations that lead to the current implementation though.
>>

>> Your patches will be welcome
>

> I can commit them myself! ;) I made them and the XSP engine appears to
> be working fine (that means no weird race conditions have been found..
> so far).

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=102943823815046&w=2

Ummm... My bad... Welcome back!

> This is on the cocoon_2_0_3_branch though..  What's the policy (is
> there?) on changes to HEAD and the stable branch?

If you are confident about the patch, and it fixes a problem / bug, then
commit to both branches. New features usually go to HEAD and some time
later make it into branch (example: treeprocessor, inputmodules, portal fw).

And don't forget changes.xml :)

Vadim