cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: sample web-app too complex?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:30:27 GMT
I heavily agree.

Just another idea going into the same direction:

Would it make sense to organise something like a
"cocoon core application" plus some zip-files, each of them
containing one complete setup for one example. So the user
could do :

1.) install cocoon
2.) drop his favorite example zip into a dedicated
     location inside cocoon (e.g. $cocoonroot/testscenarios)
3.) test it
4.) delete it if not used anymore

what would be needed to get this done?

1.) basically add a fresh mountpoint to rootsitemap and enshure, that
     the subdirectory $cocoonroot/testscenarios) exists. Alternatively
     cleanup $cocoonroot/mount and use this for the testscenarios. It's
     already there ....
2.) Each test scenario gets it's own subdir in the test scenario
     mountpoint. By this the user could unzip the testapp into the
     scenario folder, test it and delete the folder, if not used
     anymore. Also this can be aranged without big problems.

If the testscenarios would be built in their own folder hierarchies,
everything would be a matter of zipping the folder, putting the zipfile
to a download location and youre done. The user grabs the zip, unzips it
and is done...

would do you think ?

regards, hussayn

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous