cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: alternative to tomcat?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:48:30 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Scherler, Thorsten" <Thorsten.Scherler@weidmueller.de> wrote:
>

>>What do you mean? I guess Jetty is faster, more liable (you can bank on
>>it),....
>

> You'll see this weekend... I don't want to spoil the conference...
>

>>...and maybe with Jetty Stefano will be happier
>>(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/11982)
>

> He is already happy :-) Ok, let's make this ~kinda~ public... Stefano's
> ranting because he has to build a website <http://www.ormaz.it> (his dad's
> company, you can guess from the website name orMAZ... Now, this site is
> going to be fully cocoon-based, and I'm going to be hosting it on my
> hardware as a favour to his dad (who's a great guy), and it is currently
> running on Jetty 4.2.7...
>
> Now, I believe that what Stefano is stressed out ATM is the fact that "build
> run" doesn't set up something properly for web continuations (the flow), but
> that's a minor issue involving the build script, when Cocoon is deployed on
> Jetty "normally", web continuations work just beautifully...

Yes, apparently Jetty has a problem with the classloading of resources
if they don't belong to teh /web-inf/lib but to the /web-inf/classes.

The same old tune: if a servlet engine can run Cocoon, it can run
anything else :) The opposite is, unfortunatley, not true.

Now back to refactoring the build system (almost there)