cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] aiming to a naked cocoon
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:03:57 GMT

Bill Barnhill wrote, On 12/02/2003 13.57:
> If you don't like the idea, fine. There's probably a
> reason I don't know about, as just about everyone on
> this project has more experience with Open Source than
> I do. But if you don't like what I'm saying, at least
> tell me why.

It happens that nobody replies. It usually means that there is no big
interest. So if you feel you have enough compelling reasons, you can
continue on the proposed path, or else just wait.

> I'm eager to contribute and while it's
> too early to say I'm getting ignored (or kill file'd),
> I am starting to wonder.

It's too early to say you're getting ignored.
And most of all, being ignored is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a
neural stance, not positive, but not negative either.

Anyway, to get to the point, Maven-built projects do not work natively
in Gump, and this is an important point. They do generate a gump
descriptor with a simple ant buildfile, but it's not the real thing.

Krysalis Centipede www.krysalis.org/centiepde/ is a project that does
what Maven does in a slightly different manner, and is compatible OOTB
with Gump and Forrest.

I am the initial Centipede developer so I am certainly baised, but IMHO
for Cocoon it's better ATM, because it's based on Ant and fully
compatible and integrated with Gump and Forrest.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -