cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] aiming to a naked cocoon
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:08:54 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 12/02/2003 10.59:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Krysalis Ruper can already get Jars from a remote repository, and it's
>> an Ant task. IF we decide that we want to keep the repository in the
>> Cocoon CSV, it can already do the above and "synch" with that.
>
> How does it work offline?

It uses the downloaded jars. If you want you can place them in the local
repository and it will pick them up / use them.

Ruper is a "Resource Updater". So it downloads-synchs the resources
(here jars) in a local repository from a remote one if they are not
already in the local one. In case it's already in the local one, none is
downloaded. RuperDepend then adds the jars to a classpath variable.

BTW, there is a proposal on Jakarta to move Ruper to Apache.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -