cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [proposal] aiming to a naked cocoon
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:36:18 GMT
<aggree/>

> Looking into the current trunk, there are a few components that, IMO,
> should be moved to blocks.
>
> They are:
>
> - XMLDB stuff

+1

> - XMLForm

+0.5

> - Deli

+1

> - XScript (what the hell is this anyway?)

+1 (or is anything but the SOAP logicsheet using it?)

> anything else I'm missing that should be factored out?

schematron validation - should it go into the XMLForm block?

> Moreover, I propose to move the libraries that are block-related, into
> the block space, for example FOP will end up being in
>
>  /src/block/fop/lib/fop-xxx.jar

I brought that up a while ago... but it was rejected because of jar
interdepencies between blocks. (What if block A needs the same jar as
block B needs? Having the jar twice in the repository feels a bit clumsy)

> and so on and each block will have its own build file (not the current
> build system generated by an XSLT stylesheet)

+0 ...don't know - keeping the builds consistent across the blocks might
be a tedious task :-/

--
Torsten